In order to compete your MTTM course form IGNOU, you have to submit the MTTM-16 project. Keeping in view the significance and the role of research in tourism (planning, impacts, marketing and business operations, etc.) IGNOU have this course – MTTM-16, as a compulsory dissertation component of the MTTM programme for the learners. Now we are going to give you entire information about how you can make and submit your MTTM-16 project.
WHO WILL BE YOUR SUPERVISOR?
Your Dissertation shall be guided by a Supervisor recognised by the Indira Gandhi National Open University. All counsellors of the MTTM programme at the study centres are recognised as supervisors for guiding dissertations. A list of supervisors is available with the Coordinator of your Study Centre. You can also have a supervisor from university/college teachers or from the tourism industry. However, such person:
- Should hold the rank of Manager or above (if chosen from the Tourism industry)
- Should have at least three years of teaching experience (for academics)
If you are taking a supervisor of your choice (from industry or academic) apart from IGNOU Councellors at the respective Study Centres, send a brief bio-data of him/her along with the dissertation proposal to the Programme Coordinator at New Delhi for approval.
In case you have any problems in this regard you are always welcome to write to the Programme Coordinator and seek advice.
Note: In case some Delhi-based students want to have the IGNOU tourism faculty members as Supervisors, they can approach us for the same. However, it is advised that you have a Supervisor whom you can easily access.
SELECTION OF THE TOPIC?
Selecting a topic is your first step towards the completion of your Dissertation. About the only thing you will be sure of at the end of the previous semesters is that you do want to write on a subject that directly relates to your choice of a career in tourism. Any narrower topic will probably elude you, for the moment anyway. Knowing this much gives you something to work with. Focussed and specified topic will probably elude you, for the moment anyway. In fact at this moment you are in the “thinking about it stage”. (S. Joseph Leirme (Writing or Presenting your Thesis or Dissertation, www.learnerassociates.net/dissthes/). Go to the library or consult the managers in the tourism sector. As an introduction and overview (which is all you want at this time) read any text that relates to your area of interest. You might return with some ideas. Do not try to remember all that is in it. You are looking just for ideas. A wealth of possible topics lies before you. You will probably decide, however, that some of these ideas are too large for a dissertation. At the same time you would also gather several ideas that are good and can be explored further. There could possibly be a manageable idea as well. At this point you may also begin to question whether this idea and the related topic, interesting though it might be, might not be too narrow for you to work on. Broaden the topic somewhat. Perhaps you will want to return to another idea. You should find a suitable topic – a topic on which data will be available.
In fact a lot of thinking and creativity is required at this stage. You should not eliminate ideas in a haste nor should you sit on them for a long time. Narrow down your ideas and pin your idea down to a broad topic. This topic, however, will have to be narrowed down still further in order to focus your research.. Ask for the Supervisor’s advice. Tell him/her what you have read or experienced, what your thinking is, and ask his/her help. The Supervisor’s question provides an opportunity to learn something that the specialist in tourism studies knows. Seize the opportunity. If you do, you will have a good working topic for your Dissertation. You will also have completed the hardest task, selecting the working topic. From here on, completing the Dissertation will be just a matter of technique.
REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR PROPOSAL?
After identifying the area of study and a proper topic you should prepare a Proposal/Synopsis in not more than 1000 words. Your Proposal is essentially a description of what you propose to do and how you intend to go about it. The Dissertation proposal should be prepared in consultation with the supervisor and should have the following details:
- Title of the proposed Dissertation.
- Rationale behind the proposed topic (Why you have chosen the topic).
- Objectives of your study (State clearly what you intend to achieve or find out through your proposed study).
- Review of relevant Literature (evaluation of previous research work) related to your selected topic to identify the research gap and give a theoretical base to your proposed research work.
- An outline of the research plan and methods to be used for your proposed study.
- Chapter Outline. Identify and list tentative chapters of your proposed Dissertation Work. Also outline briefly the content of each chapter.
- A preliminary bibliography (list the sources you have referred to/used while preparing the proposal).
THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER SUBMITTING THE PROPOSAL?
- Wait for your letter of approval of the Proposal. The approval should normally not take more than a month. You should begin on the Dissertation only after obtaining the approval from Programme Coordinator MTTM.
- Keep this Letter of Approval safe.
- This Letter of Proposal Approval should be attached in your final Dissertation Report as and when you prepare and submit it. Keep a photocopy with you.
- The University has the right to return back to the student the Dissertation Report if submitted without this Letter of Proposal Approval.
CHECK LIST BEFORE SUBMISSION OF DISSERTATION REPORT
Make sure your Dissertation report has:
- The same title as in your approved Proposal/Synopsis
- The declaration, given in Annexure C duly signed by you and your Supervisor
- The Letter of Approval of Dissertation Proposal/Synopsis given by the Programme Coordinator-MTTM
MTM 16 PROJECT
MTM 16 (SYNOPSIS: 8-12 PAGES, REPORT: 70-100 PAGES)
- A STUDY ANALYSIS OF EXPECTATIONS AND CONCEPTIONS OF TOURISTS VISITING IN DELHI
- AN ANALYSIS CUSTOMER SATISFICATION IN HOTAL INDUSTRY WITH REFERENCE TO GATEWAY HOTAL ATHWALINE, SURAT
- A STUDY TO ASSESS THE ROLE OF STAKEHOLDERS IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY OF BHOPAL
- A STUDY TO EXPLORE THE CULTURE AND TOURIST DESTINATIONS IN MANIPUR
- SUSTAINABLE PILGRIMAGE TOURISMAS A TOURISM PRODUCT FOR INBOUND TOURISM IN INDIA: A CASE STUDY OF VAISHNO DEVI
- ROLE OF TRAVEL AGENCY IN PROMOTION OF INDIAN TOURISM: A CASE STUDY OF MAKEMYTRIP.COM
- A TOURISM STUDY OF HERITAGE HOTELS IN RAJASTHAN
- THE PERCEPTIONS OF DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS VISITING GOA USING SERVQUAL MODEL
- TOURIST SATISFACTION IN BIHAR: A CASE STUDY OF BIHAR STATE TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (BSTDC’S) TOUR
- AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF TOURISM CORPORATION OF GUJARAT LTD (TCGL): ROLE, CONTRIBUTION AND ITS IMPACT
- MANAGEMENT OF HOTEL INDUSTRY IN IN NEW DELHI — A CASE STUDY OF THE IMPERIAL HOTEL, NEW DELHI
- MANAGEMENT OF HOTEL INDUSTRY IN HARYANA — A CASE STUDY OF PARK PLAZA FARIDABAD
- PERCEPTIONS OF DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS VISITING GUWAHATI, ASSAM USING SERVQUAL MODEL
- EFFECT OF TOURISM ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF SIKKIM
- A STUDY ABOUT WILDLIFE CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT AT CHANDOLI NATIONAL PARK
- EXPECTATIONS AND PERCEPTIONS OF DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS VISITING IN DELHI
MARKETING STRATAGIES OF SPICEJET IN TOURISM
- ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF MEDICAL TOURISM IN DELHI
- TOURIST ATTITUDE TOWARD MARKETING OF TOURISM DESTINATIONS IN KERALA
- PERCEPTIONS OF DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS TOWARDS QUALITY TOURISM SERVICES PROVIDED AT DELHI
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION TOWARDS VARIOUS HOTEL ATTRIBUTES WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO THE OBEROI GROUP
- TOURIST’S SATISFACTION TOWARDS THE TOURISM PRODUCTS IN DELHI
- THE SIGNIFICANCE AND POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHRISTIAN PILGRIMAGES SITES AS TOURISM PRODUCTS AT GOA
- A STUDY ABOUT CONSUMER’S PERCEPTION TOWARDS THE MARKETING OF TOURISM DESTINATIONS IN NEW DELHI
- TOURIST SATISFACTION WITH PILGRIMAGE TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE: A STUDY OF SELECTED SHRINES OF DELHI
- THE EFFECTS OF E-MARKETING ON TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY BUSINESS OF HOTELS AND TOUR OPERATORS: A CASE STUDY OF JAMMU
- CONSUMER’S BELIEFS AND ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE E-SERVICE PROVIDED BY ONLINE TRAVEL AGENCIES: A CASE STUDY IN MAHARASHTRA
- SATISFACTION OF TOURIST TOWARDS THE PILGRIMAGE TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE: A STUDY OF SELECTED MUSLIM SHRINES OF HARYANA
- MARKETING OF SERVICES AND ITS QUALITY PROVIDED BY HOTEL INDUSTRY IN JAMMU DISTRICT
- ONLINE TRAVEL TRENDS AND QUALITY OF ONLINE TRAVEL SERVICES FROM CONSUMER POINT OF VIEW: A CASE STUDY IN NEW DELHI
- THE EFFECTIVE MARKETING STRATEGIES ADOPTED BY HYATT HOTELS: A CASE STUDY OF HYATT REGENCY IN DELHI
- STRATEGIC ROLE AND THE IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN INDIAN HOTEL INDUSTRY WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO HOTEL CYGNETT PARK ASIA, JAMMU
- THE INFLUENCE OF E-MARKETING ON HOSPITALITY BUSINESS OF HOTELS AND TOUR OPERATORS FOR TOURISM: AN ANALYTICAL STUDY IN HARYANA
- THE SIGNIFICANCE AND POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SIKH PILGRIMAGE SITES FOR TOURISM IN HARYANA
- MARKETING OF SERVICES QUALITY PROVIDED BY HOTEL INDUSTRY AND ITS EFFECT ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: A CASE STUDY OF JAMMU
- THE INFLUENCE OF EMERGING TOURIST DESTINATION ON THE TOURIST VISITING AT GOA
- ANCIENT MONUMENTS AND CULTURAL HERITAGE SITES IN DELHI
- THE POTENTIAL OF VARIOUS RELIGION PILGRIMAGE SITES FOR SUSTAINABLE TOURISM IN HARYANA
- THE IMPACT OF INTERNET ON HOSPITALITY SERVICES PROVIDED BY HOTEL AND TRAVEL AGENCY FOR MARKETING IN HARYANA
- A SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT APPROACH FOR THE PILGRIMAGE TOURISM IN KURUKSHETRA, HARYANA
- HOTEL OPERATION MANAGEMENT IN HARYANA WITH SPACIAL REFERENCE TO OBEROI HOTEL
- THE POTENTIAL OF CHRISTIAN PILGRIMAGES SITES FOR TOURISM IN MUMBAI
- HINDU PILGRIMAGE TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED TEMPLES OF NASHIK, MAHARASHTRA
- A STUDY ON SIKH PILGRIMAGE TOURISM WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO PUNJAB
- MARKETING OF HOSPITALITY FOR TOURISM: A CASE STUDY IN GOA
PLEASE KINDLY CONTACT US TO GET MORE DETAILS ON OUR SERVICES
CONTACT PERSON: SUMIT GUPTA
Contact: +91-7503940915 Or WhatsApp Us
Office Address: B-223, BASEMENT, RAMPHAL CHOWK, DWARKA SECTOR-7, OPPO. IGNOU RIGIONAL CENTER, NEW DELHI 110077